In consideration of my entering upon the real property ("Property") of The Windrock Land Company pursuant to this permit, I acknowledge and agree that:
- The risk of injury from the operation and/or utilization of off-highway vehicles, hiking, cycling and other means of transportation on mountainous terrain is significant, including the potential for permanent disability and death; and
- The Property has been extensively mined by surface and underground methods, the results of which may be concealed and dangerous. Such mining as well as oil and gas drilling and timber/forestry harvesting utilizing heavy machines and equipment are currently in use on and throughout the Property. I knowingly and freely assume all known and unknown risks even if arising from the negligence of the organizations listed below and assume full responsibility for my activities while on and using such real property; and
- I understand that the above mentioned activities are physically and mentally intense. I understand the safety procedures concerning any equipment or vehicles that I may be using and the general rules for traversing mountainous terrain and off-road trails and will comply with all rules, laws, regulations and procedures concerning these modes of transportation; and
- I, for myself on behalf of my heirs, assigns, personal representatives and next of kin, hereby release and hold harmless WINDROCK RESOURCES, INC., WINDROCK PARK, LLC and WINDROCK LAND COMPANY, their officers, employees and officials ("RELEASEES") with respect to any and all injury, disability, death, or loss or damage to person or property, whether caused by the negligence of these "RELEASEES" or otherwise, except that which is the result of gross negligence and/or wanton misconduct.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
- A release form must be signed by each person (which includes vehicle operators and passengers) entering upon the properties of Windrock Land Company and a COPY OF THIS FORM MUST BE CARRIED ON THEIR PERSON.
- Maintain a 5 mph limit in all staging/parking areas. Mandatory speed limit of 10 mph on Trail P-1 (paved access road) & connector trail.
- Travel is limited to marked trails. No hill climbing except on marked trails.
- Stay away from all reclaimed mined areas, active mining areas, logging operations and gas/oil facilities.
- DO NOT LITTER ON THIS PROPERTY. Violators will be barred from the property.
- Tires with studs are not allowed.
- Firing of weapons is strictly prohibited. NO TARGET PRACTICE!
- Proper safety equipment must be worn at all times.
- Be considerate of others using the trails and report any unauthorized or illegal behavior observed to the Windrock Security Officer or call (865) 435-3492.
- No alcohol, fireworks or open fires.
- The harvesting of Ginseng, cutting of firewood or other collection of fieldstone or any other product is NOT allowed without an additional permit.
- Streams and stream beds will be avoided where possible. Should any water crossing be necessary, the permittee will make such crossing only on or over marked trails, strictly comply with posted rules and regulations and will avoid creation of any erosion or stream bed sediment.
I have read this release of liability and assumption of risk agreement, fully understand that I have forfeited substantial rights by signing it, and sign it voluntarily without any inducement.
FOR PARTICIPANTS OF MINORITY AGE (UNDER AGE OF EIGHTEEN (18) ON THIS DATE).
This is to certify that I, as parent/guardian with legal responsibility for this minor, do consent and agree to his/her involvement in the above mentioned activities and agree to and adopt the aforementioned release as applicable to and binding upon such minor and for myself as parent or guardian, my heirs or assigns. Per T.C.A.§ 55-9-302 and § 55-52-201, et seq., any child under the age of 18 must wear a helmet meeting U. S. Dept. of Transportation standards.
For more information, please visit www.windrockpark.com